Monday, July 21, 2008

Crafty Saturdays

Happy Monday morning!

As I'm sitting here, Samuel is in the floor playing with some Nerf darts and wanting Lucy to join him. A minute ago she was sitting in front of him and with the dart, he reached out and whacked her on the head. The next few minutes Samuel waved the dart around and Lucy tried to catch it. It was very cute.

We have also been working with Samuel on sign language. We've been introducing him to ASL with signs for milk, eat/food, more, mommy, and, daddy. This has been going on for a few months with no indication he gets it. Until this morning. We walked into the master bedroom to check on Kevin and Samuel smiled and signed daddy. Go Samuel! Needless to say, we were very excited!

Samuel has been busy this weekend. He is just about to crawl and will scoot around the floor using whatever means he can, rolling over, scooting on his bottom, or laying on his belly and rocking back and forth, hoping the momentum will carry him. As we were relaxing around the house this weekend, Samuel would use me or Kevin as his personal jungle-gym and pull himself up using our legs. We are bracing ourselves for when he becomes comfortable with getting around. Lucy better find a good spot now!

On Saturday I was using my "me" time to search out some quilting information and came across this:
Win a quilt at www.oldredbarnco.blogspot.com
Now, I have to tell you about it because it may help ME win it. But if YOU enter and win, then I except you to remember where you got your info!

When I wasn't drooling over my new quilt, I was working on another contest. I am making a grab bag with felted flowers on the front. It has been fun getting to merge 2 crafting/sewing techniques together in 1 project. When the bag is finished, I will take pictures and post them here.

And because it wouldn't be fair for me to keep all the cute pictures to myself:


Have a blessed day!

No comments: