Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

We are home from our trip to Maryland! It was a nice visit but it's always nice to be home. I have some pictures but haven't loaded them onto the computer yet so they will have to be posted later.

Samuel was spoiled by all his grandparents and I'm still trying to get him straightened out. One night in particular, Samuel was in his pack-n-play and his grandad came in to say goodnight. Samuel whined until he got picked up and carted down the hall to say goodnight to gagaw (grandma). He had been a little fussy until then but that all changed when he made it out the door. The expression on his face as he left the room was priceless like "I won! HA!"

Samuel and I were in Maryland on Kevin's birthday but daddy got a very sweet gift, even over so many miles. Samuel started saying DA-DA on his birthday! I was so surprised to hear him babbling in the back of the car and almost ran off the road to hear him saying dada. As for other milestones: he is pulling himself up to stand up. Although he doesn't crawl, he does get around. He scoots on his bottom and can s t r e t c h himself out to get things placed out of his reach. And even though he still has no teeth, he is eating all kinds of food and is pinching things to bring to his mouth. Although, when presented with a new food, he rolls it around in his mouth, furrows his brow and turns up his nose, like, "You guys think this is good? I don't know about THAT, but I'll eat it anyway."

Several months ago we responded to an invitation by one of AZ's Finest to participate in a video to help her raise money for the CF Foundation. Of course, since we have the cutest kid around, we volunteered him to participate. You can see the video on YouTube by clicking here. It is very well done and we are proud to be a part of it! This is the first of Samuel's acting/modeling career. He recently had pictures taken to be included in a book, The Faces Of CF. I'm not sure when the book will be ready for distribution but it will be later this year.

July is Excellence at NLBC. We are constantly (at least I am constantly) striving to be a better person and better Christian. Saturday we had a ladies meeting and our speaker talked about being a virtuous woman. I'm still working on that one :) and praying God to help me be what He wants me to be. Lord, help me submit myself to your will and your way and be the woman, wife and mother you have called me to be... more like you. Help me excel in those ways.

No comments: