Friday, August 22, 2008

Be inspired!

Samuel has been a real character lately. He has a really cheesy grin that he likes to give and it is so funny and cute. I haven't been able to snap a photo of it yet because he won't hold that pose but I'm sure I'll get it sometime soon.

Lately we've been having to put at least 2 binkies in his crib with him. Somehow he throws one overboard and needs the other for backup. But sometimes he will have both. And when he does the show begins. He will lay in his bed, binky #1 in mouth, and hold the other one in front of him. He sees binky #2 in hand, spit binky #1 out and insert binky #2. Then he'll pick up binky #1, spit out #2, and insert #1. The process repeats until he gets bored and falls asleep or we laugh too hard and he gets distracted.

The other evening he was having a snack in the floor and finally decided to share with Lucy. He is such a good sharer but Lucy needs help with her sharing. When he realized he wasn't getting his snack back he wasn't happy at all. He has since shared his stuff with her from the comfort of his high chair (I think he likes to see her jump up and get it from his hand) but hasn't been too upset by it.

While Kevin was gone to Show Low one evening, he missed some of Samuel entertaining himself. Luckily, I was able to capture THAT on video and share with him and all of you. The hard part is deciding which video to post as he did this for quite a while.



Has anyone else been inspired by the Olympics? I have. Seeing people set a goal and work every day to achieve that goal is inspiring to me. What have I been inspired to do? Besides stay up late watching, well, gee, I can't quite say. I've done some extra crunches lately and made an extra effort to trim some money on groceries. Now that I think about it, I think that last one is more of a necessity than anything else. I guess the thought that people who raise their kids and go to school and work just like you and me can achieve some level of superhumaness (that is a word created in our junior high class and I think it is appropriate here). They can live right down the street from us and for 2 weeks every 4 years their name is on our lips like they are super stars. And they are, I don't want to take anything from them. But thinking about it, greatness isn't difficult to achieve. Whatever you wish to achieve, just set your mind and never never never give up and you will be a superhuman champion in your own right. Good luck and God speed!

No comments: